Author and blogger get-together in Edinburgh

IMG_20160604_174010440

Yesterday afternoon, the sun was shining in Edinburgh and it was a beautiful warm day. I have been organising a get-together for authors and bloggers and yesterday was the big day! Thirty-two of us met in Browns in George Street for a meal and I, for one, had a fabulous time. It was great to finally meet people who I ‘knew’ from Twitter and Facebook and also to catch up again with others I had met before. I had been a bit worried that maybe people wouldn’t chat if they didn’t know each other but clearly that’s not a problem for authors and it was a noisy, happy afternoon! Here are a few photos from the meeting. As you can see everyone is deep in conversation and having a great time. Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it such a great afternoon. Here’s to the next time!

Advertisements

27 thoughts on “Author and blogger get-together in Edinburgh

1. jorobertson2015 05/06/2016 / 8:08 am

Looks like a lot of fun! I may try to get to the next one depending on when it is! We come to Edinburgh a few times a year as my mother-in-law lives nearby and its where me and my hubby met when we were at university there so we escape there when we can! Looks like it was a fun afternoon and love the pic of you and Linda x

2. lindasbookbag 05/06/2016 / 8:14 am

Thanks so much, Joanne, for organising such a lovely event. The noise level from all the chat was amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was worth every moment of the loooong journey x

3. Shelley Day 05/06/2016 / 8:38 am

It was a brilliant afternoon! Really enjoyed it! And so grateful to you for organising it!

4. writeanne 05/06/2016 / 8:51 am

What a great idea! Sounds like it was good fun. And Brown’s is an ideal venue.

5. Toni Jenkins 05/06/2016 / 9:20 am

This was a wonderful idea and a brilliant day. Thank you so much, Joanne. It was lovely to meet everyone in person.

6. Sandra 05/06/2016 / 9:33 am

Had a wonderful afternoon. Thanks for arranging it! Went home with some books and then proceeded to order 4 from Amazon from some of the authors I was chatting to. Great photos too x

7. ravenmcallan1 05/06/2016 / 9:49 am

I had a great time and made some lovely new friends. Thank you so much for organising it. Here’s to the next time

8. Karen 05/06/2016 / 9:50 am

Thank you for sharing the photos, you all look as though you’re having a great time, I wish I lived nearer! Karen x

9. Angela Jackson 05/06/2016 / 10:13 am

It really was a wonderful event. Your organisational skills are awesome! Thanks for bringing us all together. Looking forward to the next one!

10. annewilliams13 05/06/2016 / 10:21 am

Ooh, I wish I’d come now! Looks like a lovely day…😊

11. Poppy Peacock 05/06/2016 / 10:22 am

Lovely afternoon and fab to meet so many like-minded bookish folk. Thank you Joanne xx

12. Christina Banach 15/06/2016 / 8:06 am

Thank you organising this wonderful event, Joanne. It was fun spending time with so many bookish people! x

13. Janet MacLeod Trotter 29/12/2016 / 3:22 pm

ooh this looked a fab occasion! Please let me know if you do it again as I come to Edinburgh a lot to see family and would love to join in! x

• Joanne 29/12/2016 / 4:15 pm

Will do Janet – remind me, are you in the Facebook group?