20 Books Of Summer 2017 #20BooksOfSummer

Cathy at 746Books.com has an annual challenge to read 20 books over the summer period from 1st June to 3rd September. I have seen several other bloggers joining in and have decided to give it a go myself this year. I have chosen a mix of physical and e-books some of which have been on my to-be-read pile for some time. At the rate I read, it’s definitely doable – as long as I’m not tempted by other shiny new books as they are released! When I blog my reviews, I’ll be using the hashtag #20BooksOfSummer

So here are my chosen twenty along with links to their GoodReads pages where you can see what the books are about and read any previousย reviews.

Product Details

Broken Branches

Broken Branches

Blast Radius

Blast Radius

The Heart's Invisible Furies

The Heart’s Invisible Furies

So there you have it, my twenty books of summer. That last one is going to be the big challenge. I’ve had it sitting around for a while and admit that its size is putting me off – almost 600 pages! But if I don’t have time to read it over summer, then when will I have time? I think it might not be one to take on the plane though as it is rather hefty!

Have you read any of my choices? Are any on your to-be-read pile for summer? I’d love to know what your reading plans are for the next few months. Let’s hope for some sunny days to read outside – happy reading everyone!

Advertisements

15 thoughts on “20 Books Of Summer 2017 #20BooksOfSummer

1. lindasbookbag 04/06/2017 / 9:07 am

I’m doing an Absent in August month to catch up rather than the 20 books of summer. I’ve read Broken Branches and The Summer of Serendipity and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Happy reading x

Liked by 1 person

• Joanne 04/06/2017 / 9:40 am

Really looking forward to The Summer of Serendipity as I’ve enjoyed that author’s previous novels. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Liked by 1 person

• Joanne 04/06/2017 / 9:39 am

Thanks Cleo. Two ticked off already actually though one was the short story collection and a quick read. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Liked by 1 person

• Joanne 04/06/2017 / 9:39 am

Thanks Janet, looks a good read doesn’t it? ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Short Book and Scribes 04/06/2017 / 10:15 am

Some great choices there, Joanne. Don’t be put off by the size of The Heart’s Invisible Furies. I found the first chapter a bit tricky and thought I had rather a slog ahead of me but I loved it.

Liked by 1 person

3. Sandra 04/06/2017 / 6:01 pm

Interesting picks! I loved Blast Radius and Friend Request, I’ve got the Heart’s Invisible Furies, The Health of Strangers, Nailing Jess, Exquisite & An Act of Silence on my TBR pile.

Liked by 1 person

• Joanne 04/06/2017 / 11:40 pm

So many books in common! ๐Ÿ˜

4. Cathy746books 05/06/2017 / 5:51 pm

Thanks for joining in! I’ve heard great things about the John Boyne so look forward to hearing what you think of it!

Liked by 1 person

5. Fictionophile 19/06/2017 / 3:09 am

Great looking titles Joanne. I LOVE the cover of “A message from the other side” – will have to look into that one. “Exquisite” is on my TBR as well.

Liked by 1 person

• Joanne 19/06/2017 / 7:24 am

It’s a lovely cover isn’t it? I met the author last week and she was saying how pleased she is with it.