Nicola from Short Book and Scribes blog has nominated me for the mid-year freak out tag. I enjoy doing these – really makes me think about what I’ve read so far! Check out Nicola’s choices on her brilliant blog here.
So here are the questions and my answers
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017:
Oh this is such a hard question as I’ve read some amazing books already. But since I have to choose one, I’m going for Lost for Words by Stephanie Butland.
2. Best sequel of 2017 so far:
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to:
I’m about to read this in the next week or so.
4. Most anticipated release of the second half of 2017:
So many to choose from!
5. Biggest disappointment of 2017:
I’m usually a huge Sebastian Faulks fan but this just didn’t work for me.
6. Biggest surprise:
The book is so much better than you’d think from the cover.
7. Favourite new author (debut or new to you):
8. Newest fictional crush:
I rather liked handsome helicopter pilot Ronan in Just for the Holidays!
9. Newest favourite character:
I think that would probably be wee Mary from Mary’s the Name by Ross Sayers – the cover is above as favourite debut.
10. Book that made you cry:
Most books by Carmel Harrington have that effect on me!
11. Book that made you happy:
This seems to have changed its name but it made me laugh when I read it as Laura Lake and the Hipster Weddings.
12. Favourite book to movie adaptation of 2017 you’ve seen
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year:
Just because I loved the book and for once seemed to find the right words. I’m not sure any blogger is ever 100% happy with their reviews.
14. Most beautiful book you bought or received this year:
The picture does not do this justice.
15. Books you need to read by the end of this year:
Choosing three I will be reading in July
I don’t want to put any pressure on anyone, but I’d love to read the choices of the following bloggers so will nominate them. Please don’t feel obliged, only do it if you have time – and anyone else who fancies it can give it a go too.
Kelly at Love Books Group
Dee-Cee at It’s All About the Books
Kate at The Quiet Knitter
Jill at On The Shelf Books
Lainy at So Many Books So Little Time