I’m pleased to be kicking off the blogtour for Effie Kammenou’s Evanthia’s Gift and what better way to get to know the author than by finding out #TenThings she’d like her readers to know about her?
1) I’m Greek—Greek American, actually. My full name is Efthemia Panorea Kammenou. My mother was born and raised in Athens and my father’s family came from the island of Lesvos.
2) I love to cook and bake. Before I began writing fiction, I started a food blog, one in which I still continue to post new entries.
3) I’m a cheeseaholic. That’s my vice. If you made me choose only one type of food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be cheese.
4) I went to school for theatre. I was a performance major. Somehow, I ended up in the optical field for forty years. Now, I’m happy to be exploring my creative side once again.
5) I live in between New York City and the Hamptons. I can travel in either direction and within an hour or less, spend the day in either location. In NYC, the restaurants are as diverse as the people, the entertainment is abundant and the stores, spectacular. The Hamptons and the other East End port towns of Long Island are lively in the summer with boaters and beachgoers. And visiting the dozens of wineries is also a favorite pastime.
6) My friends call me a vampire or, they think I might really be one. I’m up at all hours of the night. Even my neighbors comment that my lights are still on at three in the morning. I like the quiet at night. I do my best work when I have no distractions. The truth is, I’ve always been a night owl. I hate to go to sleep at night and, in turn, I hate to wake up in the morning.
7) My Saga, The Gift Saga, is a trilogy. Books One and Two are published and are available in print, Kindle and Audible. I’m currently working on the third and expecting a summer release. In Evanthia’s Gift & Waiting For Aegina, many of the characters and storylines had been inspired by real events and people.
8) Both of my books take place in both New York and various locales in Greece. While the same is true for the conclusion of the saga, one of the characters spends some time in France as well. I had the pleasure of going to Paris and Champagne last fall for the sole purpose of research. I know, it was a sacrifice, but it had to be done. Naturally, it turned out to be a wonderful vacation and I can’t wait to go back.
9) I have a fantastic group of loyal readers and it’s growing every day! I have to mention the Greek community, which has been so supportive to me. They’ve spread the word, recommended my books and written reviews. I am so appreciative when readers contact me through email or social media to tell me how my books have touched them. Greeks and non-Greek alike find my stories relatable and familiar and that makes me happy.
10) I’m a huge Beatles fan. You’ll be able to tell from reading my books. The original title of Evanthia’s Gift was, And I Love Her. I changed the title during my last edit before publishing. The song had meaning only for one of the main characters and I needed a title that would tie in all the characters stories.
Amazon Buy Link ~ http://amzn.to/2HYihZC
Evanthia’s Gift: Book One in The Gift Saga – Women’s fiction/ contemporary romance – Women’s fiction 2106 Reader’s Favorite Award finalist – Available in print, kindle and audible
In the year 1956, Anastacia Fotopoulos finds herself pregnant and betrayed, fleeing from a bad marriage. With the love and support of her dear friends Stavros and Soula Papadakis, Ana is able to face the challenges of single motherhood. Left with emotional wounds, she resists her growing affection for Alexandros Giannakos, an old acquaintance. But his persistence and unconditional love for Ana and her child is eventually rewarded and his love is returned. In a misguided, but well-intentioned effort to protect the ones they love, both Ana and Alex keep secrets – ones that could threaten the delicate balance of their family.
The story continues in the 1970’s as Dean and Demi Papadakis, and Sophia Giannakos attempt to negotiate between two cultures. Now Greek-American teenagers, Sophia and
Dean, who have shared a special connection since childhood, become lovers. Sophia is shattered when Dean rebels against the pressure his father places on him to uphold his Greek heritage and hides his feelings for her. When he pulls away from his family, culture and ultimately his love for her, Sophia is left with no choice but to find a life different from the one she’d hoped for.
Evanthia’s Gift is a multigenerational love story spanning fifty years and crossing two continents, chronicling the lives that unify two families.
Amazon author page Effie Kammenou
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ EffieKammenou/
Twitter https://twitter.com/ EffieKammenou
Goodreads page https://www.goodreads.com/ author/show/14204724.Effie_ Kammenou
Food blog https://cheffieskitchen. wordpress.com
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ author_effie_cheffieskitchen/
Newsletter signup page- http://eepurl.com/bIoJl1
Don’t miss the rest of the tour
4 thoughts on “#TenThings about @EffieKammenou #author of Evanthia’s Gift @LoveBooksGroup”
Thank you so much for being part of the tour. I really enjoyed your feature.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for featuring me and introducing your readers to me.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are very welcome, thanks for taking part in #TenThings 😃
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love the book!
LikeLiked by 2 people