I’m very pleased to welcome author JV Baptie along to the blog today as part of the tour for her crime novel The Forgotten. She is sharing #TenThings she would like her readers to know about her. The Forgotten is published as an ebook on 13th June and you can order a copy online by clicking here.
- I’ve always wanted to write a novel but never seemed to get anywhere with it. I enrolled on a creative writing course at Manchester Metropolitan University so that I would be forced to finish it.
- I’ve always been fascinated with crime. My favourite TV programs growing up where Randall and Hopkirk, The Sweeney and Taggart. Randall and Hopkirk specifically got me thinking about writing a private detective. (It’s also why Helen drives a red mini.)
- I’m a huge Dave Clark 5 fan and collect there memorabilia and my taste of music also appears in my writing. My main character from my short story series, WPC Mavis Hart loves Dave Clark.
- I love the city of Madrid and have been plotting a crime novel there.
- My favourite authors are Chris Wooding and Robert Bloch.
- I spent 1.5 years researching my novel before I wrote it.
- When not writing I’m also passionate about acting and drama. Despite me being quite shy.
- I got a publishing contract with Crooked Cat Books and it was a dream come true for me.
- I’d like to write a play next and see it performed.
- I also blog about the books I love to read at jvbaptie.com
What if everything was a lie?
Newly-promoted but not welcome in CID, Detective Sergeant Helen Carter is tasked with investigating a murder in an old abandoned picture house. The case takes a chilling turn when the business card of an ex-cop is found at the scene.
Helen must piece together the case before the bodies mount up around her, and before the killer strikes closer to home…
Delve into the underworld of Scotland’s capital city in this fast-paced thriller!
Praise for The Forgotten:
“A genuine page turner.” Bestselling author, Alex Gray
“Fast-paced and gritty Tartan Noir. A Brilliant Debut.” Bestselling author, Frances Di Plino
“Fans of Rebus will love this.” Thriller author, E.A Clark.
“Memorable and smart.” Tom Ward, author
About the Author
J.V. Baptie graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2017 with an MA in Creative Writing. When not writing, she is also an actress and has appeared in a variety of children’s shows and stage plays. You can find out more about her at jvbaptie.com on Twitter @jvbaptie and Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJVBaptie/