I’m joined today by Fuschia Phlox who has written several books including Return to the Aegean. More about that book below. She is sharing a very varied #TenThings about herself.
- I thought I was just a writer, but my creativity morphed into music and art and comedy. I can’t believe it.
- My first job is being mum to a 6-year-old and 8-year-old. They make me tired and exhilarated; it is challenging, amazing and exhausting. My oldest daughter just published her first book called ‘Coptor Cat’ on amazon. See, amazing, exhausting.
- Next year I will be celebrating the tenth anniversary of my literary book ‘Return To The Aegean’ being published. I self-published on Amazon and it has been in the top 200 since 2011.
- I have a comedy character called Dorkus Pretendus. Her video clips are all actually things I have done, but sshh, don’t tell anyone. It is my way of saying that none of us are perfect and that we have to laugh at ourselves. I constantly do daft things because my mind is elsewhere. Putting toast in the fridge, check.
- I rarely just sit down and do nothing. My brain is always leaping ahead to the next project. If I do sit down and do nothing then it means I am exhausted and need some delicious carbs, chocolate, water and sleep.
- I got a free piano off Gumtree and taught myself to play with Youtube and self teach books and some great online music courses. There are so many free instruments out there and technology means we can have lessons anywhere.
- My most ambitious project ever is a book called Glenburn. I write, illustrate and make the music for it. It is magical, has a life of its own and never in my wildest dreams did I think I could do something like that.
- I have a recording studio in my living room and I do live shows and make music albums. I bounce around in there and pretend I am Moby or Daft Punk or a Paft Dunk.
- I would be quite happy living in a forest, talking to animals and being shunned by villagers. Oh wait…I did that already in a past life.
- I believe creativity feeds the soul. Just because we grow up, doesn’t mean we should neglect creating, art, music, our childhood passions. I believe you can create your life.
Two unsolved deaths. One Greek Island. Many unchallenged memories
Thalia, deep sea diver and only surviving member of her family returns to the Greek island of her childhood. As an adult, she wants to uncover the truth about her mother’s and brother’s deaths, but all is not as it seems on the beautiful Aegean isle. A missing coroner’s report, being politely but firmly stonewalled by the community, lack of medical records, an ugly warning…
Thalia balances her search by falling back into the rhythms of the island, the exquisite nature and customs and by re-kindling old relationships. Some are dangerous, some bring passion but will any of her efforts give her the truth she so desires?
This book will make you fall in love with the nature of Greece and its landscapes and keep your fingers crossed for its main character.
Buying link – Return to the Aegean
Social media and web site details
Amazon page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuschia-Phlox/e/B01FIIS1LI